If there is an accident at the Club please follow the steps below and complete the attached form
and return it to a member of the Committee as soon as possible. A copy of this form is pinned up on the notice board in the Clubhouse.
- The nearest hospital with an A&E department is Whipps Cross University Hospital, Whipps Cross Road, Leytonstone, London E11 1NR. Telephone: 020 8539 5522
- Act promptly to observe the situation and extent of the injury. Consider the risk of further injury taking place.
- Speak to the injured person and listen to what they say.
- Check for the Emergency Details Form in the injured players bag.
- Alert a qualified first aider (if present). They should take appropriate action in respect of minor injury. NHS Direct can also be called on 0845 4647
- Do not move someone who has suffered major injury.
- In the event of serious injury requiring specialist treatment, call emergency services on 999
- Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are kept safe and suitably supervised.
- Contact the injured person's parent, guardian or partner.
- Complete the Accident Report Form on the link above and pass to the Club Secretary or a Committee member.